Thursday, January 2, 2014

Best Books of 2013 ~ A Year in Review!!!







1.  Best book you read in 3013?
Cinder by Marissa Meyer & Seraphina by Rachel Hartman


2. Male character you liked best from a book you read in 2013?
Dodger from the book Dodger by Terry Pratchett 

3. Female character you liked best from a book you read in 2013?
Cinder by Marissa Meyer 

4. Book you were most excited to read in 2013 but were disappointed with?
Mortal Instruments: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (That Ending!!!)

5. Most surprising book you read in 2013?

6. Best new series you discovered in 2013?
The Arcana Chronicles: The Poison Princess by Kresley Cole & The False Prince: The Ascendance Trilogy by Jennifer Nielsen

7. Best book you read in 2013 that was out of your "comfort zone", or was from a genre that was new for you? 
Ask the Passengers by A.S. King or Every Day by David Levithan. I've never read any books before that fell in the LGBQ genre before these two books.  I have to say that I quite enjoyed both of them!

8. What was the most thrilling book you read in 2013?
Shelter: A Mickey Bolitar Mystery by Harlan Coben & This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers

9. What book that you read in 2013 that you would be most likely to re-read in the future?
The One and Only Ivan by  Katherine Applegate

10. What book/books had the greatest impact on you in 2013?
Never Fall Down by Patricia McCormick, Code Name Verity by  Elizabeth Wein & Endangered by Eliot Schrefer

 


11. What was your favorite book cover from a book you read in 2013?
I really like the book cover from The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate.  It's co cute and I have a soft spot for animals, especially primates and elephants!!!

12. What book did you read in 2013 that you can't believe you put off reading?
Divergent, by Veronica Roth.  This was on my TBR shelf for a long time, but as soon as I read it I couldn't wait to get my hands on the other books in the trilogy.

13. What was the shortest book you read in 2013?
The One and Only Ivan by  Katherine Applegate.  I read this in a few short hours.  It's marketed for children, but I think everyone should read it.  It's a sweet story about staying positive and being a friend.

14. What was the longest book you read in 2013?
I would have to say Seraphina by Rachel Hartman. Not sure though because I read so much, but I think this was one of the longer ones I read.

15. What scene from a book you read in 2013 had you reeling or made you desperate to find someone to discuss it with?
The ending of This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers!!!!

16. Favorite book relationship from a book you read in 2013 (romance/friendship)?
Jack Deveaux and Evie Greene from The Poison Princess by Kresley Cole and Tris & Four from Divergent by Veronica Roth 

17. What was your favorite book from 2013 that you read SOLELY on a recommendation from someone?
Seraphina by Rachel Hartman.  My friend and coworker recommended I read this.  I'm quite glad I did.  It was wonderful, surprising and imaginative.  I loved the way dragons were portrayed in this book...soo original!
 
18. What book/books did you read in 2013 that made you cry?
The One and Only Ivan by  Katherine Applegate, Never Fall Down by Patricia McCormick & See You at Harry's by Jo Knowles

19. What is your newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2013? 
Jack Deveaux from The Poison Princess by Kresley Cole

20. Favorite new author you read in 2013?
I can't wait to read more from Marissa Meyer and Courtney Summers.  Loved, loved, loved both books that I read by them and cannot wait to read more in 2014!!!