Friday, November 15, 2013

Feature & Follow Friday

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow 

Friday Follow is a blog hop that was started by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.  Each week a different question is posted by our hosts and we will answer!  This is a great opportunity for bloggers to network and interact. 
This week’s question – 

Are there any book to movie adaptations where you think the movie is better than the book?

I hope I don't catch any flack from all you J.R.R Tolkien fans out there, but I actually liked the Lord of the Rings movies WAY more than the books.  I felt that the books just had TOO much detail (I have no desire to learn Elvish). To me the Tolkien books weren't so much about telling a story as they were about detailing a world created in Tolkien's imagination.  So... what I mostly liked about the movies was that they really told the story better. The films brought the characters to life and made many of them much more likeable and gave them more depth (think Arwen who gets a much bigger part in the film than the book). Through the films we get to see Tolkien's world brought to life on the big screen without having to read every minute detail about it.