Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Book Review ~ Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein

I just finished reading the book Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein and had to blog about it right away!!! This book absolutely blew me away. Normally, I don't like to tell people that they HAVE to read something, because, after all, reading and choosing books is a very personal endeavor.  With that being said, I'm going to break my own rule...You HAVE to read this book!!!

Why, you ask? What makes this book so special? 


That’s a hard question to answer, because almost anything I could say about this book could be a spoiler, and this is a book where spoilers matter – really matter.

Here’s what I can tell you:

Code Name Verity is a story about two women (girls really), Maddie, a female pilot and Julie, a spy.  Both doing their duty to resist the Nazi's.  It is also a story of bravery, courage and the will of the human spirit to survive during the most difficult of circumstances.  It’s about friendship, loyalty, sacrifice and love and the almost impossible choices we are sometimes forced to make. It’s about enemies and unexpected allies, deception and truth wrapped so tightly together it’s hard to tell which is which.

This book had me on the edge of my seat with white knuckles gripping, hoping for the outcomes I so desperately wanted for our characters. I can't tell you much more than that without giving away important details.

I have included a book trailer for those who wish to have a better picture of what this book is about.




“But I have told the truth. Isn’t that ironic? They sent me because I am so good at telling lies. But I have told the truth.”
―  Code Name Verity